Tuesday, November 6, 2007














Ok, I think we have done simply everything that there is to do at the Marriott. We have hung out in all of the restaurants. We have walked around the lobby. We have passed hours in the playroom. We've taken a chair out on the balcony. We've listened to music in the bar. And we have even done a little electrical work in the room. Ummmm.... I really thought she was just going to turn the lights on and off. The kid is quick, huh?








So what does all of this mean? It means it is time to go to Antigua!!!! We leave tomorrow, and I could not be more ready to get out of here. I still don't know where we are staying, but we have a few possiblities, and I would really rather see a couple of places in person before making a decision.
Last night we went to the fancy Italian restaurant here at the Marriott. It was really nice. We sat at the table for pretty close to two hours!!!!! Liana ate fruit and cheese and bread and some of mom's pasta. She learned how to raise her bottle to mom's wine glass and say "salud," which she thinks is really funny. We played peek-a-boo for a while, and then she initiated a new round of peek-a-boo by putting the napkin over her head and waiting for me to say "donde esta Liana? donde esta Liana?" and when she pulled the napkin off, I exclaimed PEEK-A-BOO!!! I've got to tell you, this game never gets old as far as the princess is concerned.
We also looked at books. I have to tell you, one of the things that I thought we would be doing at this time that we are not doing is reading. She likes books, and she likes to turn the pages and look at the pictures, but when I try to hold the book and read the words, she wrestles the book from me. If I insist and hold on to the book and read the words, she gets frustrated, and either keeps trying to get the book, or she finds something else in her reach to throw on the floor. She throws things on the floor when she is in a pissy mood. Well, little by little.
Tomorrow we start the next phase of our life together in the beautiful little city of Antigua!