Monday, November 19, 2007


Great news! The birth certificate has been issued with my last name, and the princess is mine under Guatemalan law. Might go to Guatemala City tomorrow to apply for her passport and get her fingerprints taken. Sure hope she has a clean criminal record, and that nothing too serious shows up in her fingerprints! If you don’t hear from me tomorrow, (you’re hearing a lot from me today!) it is because we are in transit.
Once the passport is issued, we then have to translate all the documents and submit them to the US Embassy, and if they are satisfied, they will schedule an appointment to get yet another DNA test done. Once the results are sent to a lab in the US, and then back to the Embassy, and the Embassy is satisfied with the results, they will schedule an appointment for me to go in with all of my paperwork and whatnot. Things are moving along smoothly!