Friday, November 9, 2007


Oh my. I forgot to tell you that yesterday my lawyer called and told me that Liana's birthmother signed off on the adoption for the fourth and final time. Although I knew that there was always a possibility that she could change her mind at any point, I really felt that if she was going to do so, it would be at the countless DNA tests in which she had to hold Liana and pose for a picture together after a saliva swab was taken from each of them.


As many of you know, I have been advised by my attorney to NOT have contact with Liana's birthmom until after the adoption is complete. With so many allegations of corruptions and baby selling and women being coerced into giving up their children, it is best for me to be able to say honestly that I have never met her. However, I hope to have contact with her after the adoption is complete, and if she is willing, I would like her to be a part of Liana's life.


So little one....it is you and me forever, huh?