Sunday, November 4, 2007


It is election day, and we've been advised to stay inside the hotel. ***Sigh*** Just as I was getting into the rhythm of going out! Things look and sound and seem very calm from my balcony! See the volcano in the background? Don't worry Aunt Joanie, the volcano isn't dangerous!!!


Yesterday was our first restaurant trip outside of the Marriott! We went to the crepe place a few blocks away. They were clearly very kid friendly, and brought a high chair. We shared a crepe with peaches and what I thought was going to be bananas, but ended up being a sweet brown paste. When I asked the waitress what it was, she looked at me as if I was really dumb, and I think she said it was "cooked banana" LOL. Liana was great, but when the food was done she was ready to leave. NOW. NOW. NOW. And of course, it always takes a while to get someone to bring the check in Latin America.


We also walked around some shops and I bought her a doll, which she immediately started chewing on.