Wednesday, December 19, 2007





Went to the zoo this morning! Getting Liana's visa this afternoon!


At that point, she is mine, by US law and Guatemalan law.


The zoo trip was interesting. Back in October we went to the zoo, shortly after I arrived here in Guatemala. It was our very first trip together out of the hotel. I was so frightened. A full hour and a half, alone with her, out in the unknown. I had completely forgotten how frightened I was that first trip until today when we arrived at the zoo, and I thought aobut our previous arrival. Two months ago she was this marvelous amazing being for whom I was responsible. She was, on many levels, an unknown. I was terrified that something might "go wrong."


Today we arrived at the zoo as mother and daughter. On every level. I am so in love with this little girl, I cannot even express it in words.