Sunday, December 9, 2007



I think that Liana has a secret life. I suspect that she sneaks out at night while I am asleep, and runs around Antigua making friends.

There is no other way to explain why whenever we walk in or out of a store or a restaurant, people start waving “hola Liana!” and “como estas Liana?” and when we leave, people who really look like complete strangers to me say “adios Liana!” Even when we are walking down the street, people greet her by name.

Her foster family was very impressed that she was so “famous” in Antigua. Yeah, I guess we are a rather conspicuous duo. And the fact that she does wave to people, especially people who are working, (like the construction workers we pass every day on our street) and she has been known to blow kisses as she passes people, contributes to the fact that people do remember her.

And of course the fact that she happens to be the most beautiful human being every to grace planet earth might be a factor as well. Ummm. Well…. At least in my opinion she is the most gorgeous human being to set foot upon the planet. But maybe I’m just a little bit biased here.


On the topic of putting one's foot on planet earth... look ma! No hands!!!