Saturday, December 1, 2007


Well the princess hasn’t been eating much, so when she woke up hungry at 2:00 AM I made her a fresh bottle. Then she woke up at 5:00. In her cute mode.
I cannot even begin to describe how truly cute her cute mode is. Especially when she just wakes up. So she was crawling around the bed, moving her hands and legs really really really fast and burying her face in the mattress and chanting bababababababababab, and then triumphantly lifting her head and arms in the air and exclaiming GAH!, followed by claps and giggles. Sometimes the fast-crawls would end with her landing on top of me, and either putting her head on my belly, or jumping on top of me. GAH! This was followed by standing on her own (an action which she knows will result in praise and tickles from me) and lots of clapping before the inevitable fall, which of course is followed by giggles and more tickles.

Now honestly I would have preferred to be sleeping at 5:00 AM. At 2:00 as well, for that matter. But hunger and cuteness won over. We went back to sleep around 6:00 I think, and then didn’t wake up until about 9:30.

Just get them on a schedule, everyone tells me.

Uh huh.

By the way. My neighbor noticed that Liana is getting 2, maybe 3 back molars. Before getting the teeth in between. Hmmmm. It is probably rather painful. And probably the new teeth are contributing to her lack of interest in food, and perhaps the odd sleep schedule.

Oddly, we had one very exciting milestone today. We had a FUN bath. A bath with minimal tears going in, and lots of giggles and fun inside the tub! You have no idea how stressful bathing has been. Irene remembers, from the visit trip. Screams indicating unspeakable torture. Flailing. Indignation.
We have started watching Rubber Ducky on YouTube daily, and playing with her rubber ducky and signing and whatnot. Has it helped? Who knows. Today, the bath was fun! May future baths be this delightful!