Friday, December 14, 2007


It is snowing in NY. Another beautiful day in paradise here in Antigua. Well. Sort of.




We are almost done. This long long adoption process is almost over. But there is still enough drama to deplete my energy. The new procedure of emailing the Pink appointment should not be such a big deal. But enclosed in the appointment materials are instructions to bring all sorts of documents with us that... ummmm... we don't have. I spoke with my attorney's assistant, who said not to worry, and to talk with my attorney. I spoke with my driver/agency assistant who will be accompanying me to my appointment, and he said that I don't need certain documents that the email says I need. I spoke with my attorney, who said I needed to go to the USCIS website and download the documents myself. So I hired a nanny and went to an internet cafe with a printer, and tried to download documents, I-600, DS-230 and I-864-W. Got error messages on two of the three. Came back to the apartment and called my facilitator in Texas, who said that I should not need an I-600 since I submitted an I-600 A and that she had never heard of the DS-230, and that my driver/agency assistant will help me fill out the I-864-W. Ok. Glad I gave myself some time after the appointment, just in case things don't go as they should.




And then I look at Liana. I am so lucky. She is so wonderful. I cannot even imagine a time in my life without her. It is like she has always been with me. She is so beautiful.


I need to stop telling her how beautiful she is, because she is really smart, and smart is so much more important.




¿En perseguirme, Mundo, qué interesas?


¿En qué te ofendo cuando sólo intento


poner bellezas en mi entendimiento


y no mi entendimiento en las bellezas?


Yo no estimo tesoros ni riquezas.


y así, siempre me causa más contento


poner riquezas en mi pensamientoque


no mi pensamiento en las riquezas.




Sor Juana Inez de la Cruz circa 1680


Ok. Reality check done. Values in place.