Saturday, January 26, 2008




Liana is on the move, and exploration is the name of the game.
Mommy is exploring too.
Exploring day care/nursery school/nanny/babysitter is much more complex than I imagined. The options are much more limited than I thought. I had really been sort of imagining nanny/babysitter as the option that would be easiest on Liana. But that was before I went to Guatemala. Liana is really a people person. She LOVES being around kids. After a playdate, or our Music Together class, her spirits are high. She sleeps with relative ease. And she is just calmer.


So now I'm thinking it would really be better to do a nursery school/daycare. But most decent places, at least the ones right here in the neighborhood, seem to be for kids two years and up.
At first I thought I was going to do a hybrid, mixing some formal group time with a babysitter on some days or for half days. But of course schools have their rules and schedules. Babysitters have their needs. And quite frankly, Liana demands hands on attention every waking hour. So basically I need a babysitter to find a babysitter.


Moms at play areas that we have visited, (Hall of Science, downstairs in Queens Mall, Travis Par on the couple of days that were warm enough to go there) have commented that Liana is "very active" and has "lots of energy." I've noticed that other kids seem to stop sometimes. Liana never stops. Never. Except when she is sleeping. Which as my loyal readers know, is a constant issue for us.