Saturday, October 27, 2007



I have piles of things sorted out and spread all over the place... stuff for feeding Liana, stuff for diaper changes, Liana's bathtime stuff, clothes for Liana, clothes for me, my toiletries, laptop and accessories, and the long long to-do list.

It is a chilly, dark, rainy morning in NYC. I fell asleep last night with the TV on, and woke up this morning late, with some silly movie on. I looked at the clock, dismayed that I slept so late, and that I have so many things to do out in the nasty rain today.


And do you know what I did?


I stayed in bed. And watched the silly movie. And played with my sweet cat, who has no idea how drastically his life is about to change. I leave for Guatemala on Monday morning, and I'm staying until Liana comes home.


When I finally got out of bed, I puttered around a bit, got a few things done fast. Still haven't been able to face going out in the rain to buy the last few things on my shopping list, mail some bills, and get that facial that I promised myself I would squeeze into the day's schedule.


Last night I had strange dreams that my mom, my grandfather and I were inter-galactic tourists, visiting rather seedy outposts on distant planets, of which my grandfather disapproved. (Probably the influence of falling asleep with the tv on... lol)And now it is noon, and I am sitting at the computer and drinking coffee and trying to get myself out the door to face the rain, knowing that my failure to move might mean the facial is not happening.


There will never be another Saturday like this. My whole world is about to change....